Welcome to my travel and discovery site! I’m a veteran freelance journalist and author located in the greater Chicago area. My bylines have appeared in dozens of national, regional, consumer, trade, corporate, association and collegiate publications. In addition to travel, my portfolio covers homes, architecture and fashion. Here are links to some of my travel pieces:
The Roger Blough wasn’t due for an hour, but spectators had already gathered at the observation platform in Soo Locks Park. They came to watch the 858-foot freighter pass through a lock, thereby avoiding the fierce rapids and steep drop-off on the St. Mary’s River. The river links Lake Huron on the east and Lake Superior on the west in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. It’s the primary waterway for shipping cargo between the Great Lakes and Atlantic Ocean.
- MONTERREY: MUSEUMS, MOUNTAINS AND MORE MAKE MEXICAN METROPOLIS A MAGNET, JOURNAL & TOPICS, 1/30/2017
As Mexico’s third-largest metropolis, Monterrey (with two r’s) has long been a global business destination. But it is quickly growing in popularity with pleasure travelers as well.
- AMAZING AMAZON: TROPICAL ADVENTURE STARTS IN PERU WHERE ENVIRONMENTAL WONDERS AWAIT, JOURNAL & TOPICS 11/14/2016
The Amazon River basin is a tropical wilderness that is pretty much unchanged from when European explorers discovered it nearly 500 years ago.
- DESERT SPAS, CHICAGO LIFE 10/16/2016
The Sonoran Desert beckons with promises of endless sunshine, towering saguaro cacti and fuchsia sunsets. The area also boasts one of the highest concentrations of resort and day spas in the country.
- CHRISTMAS ENCHANTS ALONG THE RHINE RIVER, JOURNAL & TOPICS MEDIA GROUP 9/11/2015
- FRENCH LICK: LGBT HOSPITALITY in INDIANA, WINDY CITY MEDIA GROUP 5/19/2015
- SWIMMING WITH WHALE SHARKS IN CANCUN: AN UNDERWATER SAFARI, MEXCONNECT.COM 4/11/2015
- KOHLER’S WISCONSIN RESORT PROVIDES RENOVATION INSPIRATION, CHICAGO TRIBUNE 3/3/2015
- HolidayMag.co.uk, 11/21/2014
- ADULTS-ONLY SPOTS IN CANCUN, WINDY CITY MEDIA GROUP 12/17/2014
- CANCUN RESORT HITS THE PLEASURE SPOT, WINDY CITY MEDIA GROUP 1/7/2014